Conditions of Entry
Before you complete your entry form please read the following carefully.
1. This race: is organised by Torbay AAC and none of our members, staff, sponsors, suppliers or agents will be liable for any injury, loss or expense which may arise as a consequence of your participation in this 13.1 mile event.
2. Condition of entry: you agree to abide by these Race Rules and the Rules of Competition as laid down by UK Athletics. Entrants for this event must be aged 17 years or older on race date.
4. Closing Date: for entries will be 19th June or earlier if race limit is met. No entries on the day.
5. Entry to this race: is personal to each applicant. Once you have paid for your entry there can be no refund if you are subsequently unable to take part. Entries cannot be carried forward. A runner who competes unofficially with another person's race number will be disqualified.
6. Transfer: of an entry to another person is permitted with the organisers consent up to the closing date (19th June 2013). If you are unable to run and would like to transfer your place to another runner, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and they will send you a Transfer Form to complete.
7. Entrants: to this race undertake not to take part unless they are medically fit to run a half marathon and able to complete the course in 3 hours.
8. We reserve the right: to refuse or cancel applications, including duplicate applications, or alter the date of the event, the course route or distance.
If the race is cancelled or delayed, due to unforeseen circumstances an email address/mobile number will be useful in this instance.
9. Change of address: if you change your address or your email address you must notify us to amend your details
10. Race numbers: must be pinned securely to the front of your running top using a safety pin in each corner you must not cut, fold or otherwise alter the size of your race number in any way.
11. Contact and medical details: All runners are required to complete the contact and medical details on the back of their race number. This is a requirement of participation and may be checked by race officials prior to the start.
12. Timing chips: Your timing chip is built into your race number and is disposable; your number must be attached in accordance with the issued instructions. There will be no other timing system on the day.
13. The course: As this is a 2-lap race slower runners are required to move over and stay on the left hand side of the road once the elite athletes start to overtake
14. Safety - Headphones: In the interests of everyone's safety, the use of iPods, MP3 players and similar is prohibited. You will be running on the left hand side of the road during this race and we want you to be alert and aware of everything that is going on around you. It is also very important that you are able to hear clearly any verbal instructions that the police and our race marshals may need to give you.
15. Race marshals: and medical team members have the authority to disqualify and remove any runner they consider to be acting dangerously, or to be unfit to compete.
16. Runners are required to report any casualties immediately to the nearest first aid post or race marshal.
17. Wheeled vehicles: dogs or following cycles are not permitted. All competitors must compete on foot. Roller skates etc are prohibited. The course is not suitable for wheelchairs.
18. Confirmation: of entry will be the debiting back of entry fee. A list of successful entrants will be displayed on sports system website. https://www.sportsystems.co.uk/ss/event/TorbayHalfMarathon1/PreEntries
19. Race packs: You will receive your race packs containing your number timing chip and other information 2 weeks before the event.
20. Data protection: The Torbay Half Marathon complies with the Data Protection act 1998. By entering the run you give permission for free use of your name, voice or picture in any broadcast, advertising promotion or other account of this event.